Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mockup II Electric boogaloo


So much for my previous mockup - the bike shrank or something - so I had to reconfigure the batteries into an ugly configuration. Oh, well. I'll put some prettymaker over it later and make it look nicer.
The Etek clone fits into the nook created by my removing the long anchor bolt that used to go through part of the engine case - I've replace that bolt with 2 others to hold the swing arms. I am finding that fabricating a mount is more difficult than I had thought it would be. if I attach a faceplate type of mount on the shaft side - that is not enough to hold the thing in place - maybe when I bolt in the bottom sissy bars that tie in the front bottom of the frame with the area of the swing arm mounts, I can mount the motor to that. Maybe I need to visit a scrapyard and just get a bunch of material to work with and something will speak to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment