Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Made a motor mount, and rearranged the Batteries

I took the day off work today and made hay on the bike...



The stopcock is pushing down on the batteries and causing the tank to ride up in this picture - apart from that - the bike will look like this when done.



The motor mount consists of a 1/4 x 2 in piece of steel bolted to two of the mounting holes on the face of the motor - the other end of the bar ties into the long bolt going through both sides of the trailing arm - I've put a piece of 3/4 in tubing over the bolt and sandwiched in the metal bar so it is very rigid. I will weld a strut going straight down from the engine to keep it from tilting up when the juice is applied. I bound the engine to the swingarm fulcrum with a tie down ratchet to minimize engine movement - may keep that - may go with a metal band. Just need to make battery trays now and connect the twist grip and controller (and contactor, diode and resistor,) and AWAY I GO. WORK TO RIDE... RIDE TO WORK!!!

The motor mount looks like this...


Also did my first electric burnout (12v / 864ish RPM)

No comments:

Post a Comment