Saturday, August 7, 2010

Progress on the Triumph (Nickname Pending)


I have decided to go with 144 volts rather than 156. 156 just seems kinda rude - and not even or lucky and not divisible by 48 (as in not able to be charged with 3x 24 dollar 48v Chinese chargers.) So, Nickname is now Pending. Thought about TR-96 (too anemic.) "'Lectric 6" rolls off the tongue - but 6 what? 144 could be a gross... but how does that relate to a car... I'll update when I discover what the car wants to be called. for now, I'll post a picture of the awesome Fork Lift Motor I bought in Amish Mennonite country Indiana. They had to sell it as the Church was getting on 'em for building electric cars. (Just Kidding.) Also, I installed some guages and placed all of the parts where they'll go. Only thing I need now is to weld up a spacer between the bell housing and motor. (The most exciting part so far has been the custom 14 - to 10 tooth adapter that a fellow made for me in West Virginia - I've fired up the motor and spun the tailshaft of the tranny and it was awesome if slightly vibraty - I think that when I bolt the motor to the transmission - most of the vibration will go away - either that or it will waste the bearing on the output shaft of the motor. :-) )

No comments:

Post a Comment