Saturday, August 28, 2010

OUCH!!!


Today, I cut off the input shaft on the Triumph Tranny. No Problem - I wrapped electrical tape around it - and that made a nice squareish place to cut. When it came to the output shaft on the Forklift Motor, the tape wouldn't stick right... so i fired up the motor - picked a spot and scribed a mark on it with a scribe. then, I rested my hand on the top of the motor - my finger went into one of the radial rectangular cutouts in the frame for airflow and got caught in the fan and I chopped off the end of my finger and finger nail and part of the nail bed and broke the finger while I was at it. Worst of all, it tore off 2 cooling fan blades. Bummer. I bled after that - and went to the urgent care where i got x-rayed, antibiotics, and a tetnus shot and they are getting me in to an orthopedic hand guy. Here is a picture :-) (X-Ray picture only - I cannot stomach looking at the finger long enough to photograph it. :-( )

No comments:

Post a Comment