Sunday, August 15, 2010

Progress on Spacer between Motor and Transmission

Went to Mendleson's yesterday and picked up a new old stock 13 inch stamped steel wheel and a couple 16 inch flange covers that are about .150 inches - I cut them down with a reciprocating saw with a bimetal blade and will weld it up soon. Best part... it KERCHUNKED with an awesome kerchunk when I sandwiched it together between the motor and tranny - haven't added the drum heads and cut bolt holes - but it is the correct thickness!! Sadly, I measured the runout of the output shaft of the Motor - and it is bent as I suspected... I will cut it in half to reduce the wobble and will work on the grooves and splines with a file to minimize the wobble - hopeflly removing it altogether - it is out by .013 in. - not much - but when amplified by the coupler... it has a good wobble to it at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment