Saturday, August 6, 2011

THERE!!!! I mowed the whole lawn with the Electric mower!!!


I murdered the stock batteries that came in the 8AH 48 volt Craftsman Push mower trying to mow a half acre lawn every couple weeks by charging it with a 15 Amp charger a couple times mid-mow.  I wanted it to outperform a gas mower - so It had to go the whole distance without a fillup to do that.  So,  I took a round 1/8th inch x 21inch valve cover from Mendleson's and cut a hole in the center that the motor could poke through.  I started by drilling a hole in the center and cutting pieces of pie - then the circle after scribing it by tracing a CD spindle cover.  Then, I drilled some holes for tie-downs and layed out the 4 powersonic 12v - 35AH batteries.  Made some cables from some 4GA wire at Autozone, and wired it up.  I also added the SOC meter.  It mowed the whole lawn without stopping today!  I'll make it look pretty soon. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment