Monday, September 6, 2010

Committing a crime


Yesterday, I cut down the output shaft of the forklift motor, and cut 3 inches off of the coupler. I did it with a heavy heart as it was perfect - and it cost 250 bucks :-) The good news is that I have a new ker-chunk situation - once I mill the 1/4 in adapter plate and put it into place, it will all bolt up. There is still about a .008 wobble - but I think that will diminish when it is bolted together. I measured the size. pitch, and depth of all the bolts needed and will buy them tomorrow. :-) Interestingly, when using a depth gauge in measuring the depth of the bolt holes adjacent to the fan blades, I withdrew the depth gauge and it was covered in my blood :-) it was still wet and red because I had previously gotten some gear oil on the top of the motor when positioning the tranny. It was pretty awesome - Like I said before, "A little part of me is in that motor forever." :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment