Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mounted battery trays and installed batteries

I installed the 3 battery trays tonight, lined them with weatherstripping to cushion the bottoms from cracking against the heads of the bolts that are holding them to the frame and trunk well. I used 2 inch wide nylon tie downs rated at 2500 lbs each with large ratcheting... well... ratchets to secure them. The rear batteries look awesome - the ones bolted to the frame where the radiator was look a little crappy... oh well... the 24 pound batteries are not going anywhere :-) just need to install the 2 last batteries next to the motor. I took a piece of 1/4 in steel from Lowes to the machine shop today to be made into my front motor mount to replace my wooden functional mockup. Tomorrow night I will cut cables and crimp ends. I am dreading that part - it seems like it is gonna be extra tedious. :-(


Happy with the progress tonight. Also messed with the leviton 3 prong male plug I'm gonna use for the charging - gonna put it in the antenna hole :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment